Research and Planning

I have developed my research and planning skills across the course through the creation of my music magazine in AS and my coursework for my horror trailer the next year. Research and planning were essential in learning how to create the best products and that would appeal to my specific audience. In addition it also helped to learn the conventions in needed to follow to make my work as creative and successful as possible, as well as giving me the opportunity to use different software and programmes to make my work unique.

My first task in AS was to create a front cover of a college magazine to demonstrate my knowledge of magazine and their conventions. Since I had never attempted a task such as this before I had to learn about the different sections and parts to a magazine, for example; the masthead, rage line, front cover and dominant image. We were given a plan to follow so there was a lack of creativity in the product. The product was not focused on a specific audience but rather catered to everyone which severely crippled its uniqueness. The colours weren’t eye catching with the two main colours being blue and white. The image was a mid shot and did not seem to draw the readers attention.

My second task in AS was to create a music magazine. With the task we were given the opportunity to research and plan so as to produce a create and unique magazine. I chose the genre R&B meaning I had to convey images, layout and font related to the genre. For my research and planing I looked and magazine of a similar genre to get an idea what I would and would not need to include in mine. I looked into specific colours and fonts, creating mood boards so as to chose the most appropriate and eye catching. I also researched in to common iconography found in R&B magazines. I found out that most music magazines would have a dominant image of the artist wearing large amounts of jewellery and and flashy unique clothing. There are very few cover lines in order to draw in more attention to the image. I tried to incorporate these conventions into my music magazine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 - Task 4

Week 2 - Task 3 Cabin In The Woods

Narratives