Digital Technology


Digital Technologies allows me to create and improve my work, making it look more professional and authentic, as well as reach a greater audience. Technologies such as Photoshop and Final Cut Pro X allows me to experiment with layout and colours, change and add to my product with the extra ability to undo any changes without starting my project again. For my AS music magazine and A Level horror trailer, I used programmes such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Final Cut, allowing me to make changes, improve, and retouch my work.Additionally, since we have access to social networking sites and other technologies, we have more ways to share and advertise our designs to audiences all over the world. My horror trailer will be posted on YouTube for  the public to see, making it easier for them to view, criticise and approve my work.

In AS, my preliminary task was to create a college magazine. Digital technology helped me in post production. To make the magazine I used Adobe InDesign to place the text, layout and images. I used the website ‘Da Font’ for the fonts which made my magazine unique and eye-catching. I was able to create effects using Photoshop on the masthead, changing the colour and manipulating the leading. Tools such and blend, and blur gave my images depth, with the undo and redo options coming in need frequently.


In my AS music magazine my skills were not as developed as they are now since I was just starting my media course. I used software such as Photoshop and InDesign but at a basic level. As I progressed in my learning with digital technology it allowed me to create work that had a sense of hyper reality for the audience. In my music magazine and trailer, I was able to remove mistakes and fix discolouration’s on my images as well as and cut out backgrounds ad something more suitable. Increasing vividness and adding textures and gradients on Photoshop was something not undertaken in my AS work. Tools such as blend and blur were used unsparingly and to a disadvantage, not helping my work.


In my A2 horror trailer my skills were developed further because I had to make use of different types of software and technologies during the making of my products. Throughout the shooting of our trailer some scenes of the texture shots and disruption were later cut up and edited through colour correction and movement manipulation. I placed transitions such as fades to black and cut black, conforming to conventions of horror trailer. The effects added made the clips ominous and cryptic. A member in my class taught me how to use After Effects for my title slates, adding fire embers and dust particles to make my work distinctive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 - Task 4

Week 2 - Task 3 Cabin In The Woods

Narratives